Monday, July 22, 2013

Earring Display- A super easy tutorial

Way back at the end of March, Miss Bloom and I had a Mommy and Me day full of fun activities for two. One of the things we did was get her ears pierced. Although the piercers said that she could change her earrings after 6 weeks, we have been so busy with oodles of family events during the last few months that I decided to wait until Miss Bloom's early-July birthday to change out her studs. The evening before her birthday I had the chance to slip out by myself and stock up on some new cute earrings for my big girl. That night I did a little late night crafting and made a hanging earring display for all of her new bling. It turned out so cute (and was so easy) that I want to show you how you can make one of your own.




This project required just a few supplies: laminated fabric (it doesn't fray!), a sheet of plastic canvas, ribbon, scissors, one straight pin, and my glue gun.



You can find the plastic canvas at most craft stores. They measure 10 1/2" x 13 1/2". I thought that was a little too big for my purposes. So I cut it in half and ended up with a sheet that was 10 1/2" wide and 6 1/2" tall. Then I cut a piece of my fabric just big enough to cover it and fold over the edges. 11 1/2" x 7 1/2"



I wanted to have the option of hanging this earring display. I cut a piece of ribbon twice as long as the width of my project: 23". And I glued it onto the back of the canvas along the top edge.


Then I began folding over the sides of fabric and gluing it down on the back.


On the front of the earring display, I glued glittery ribbon for extra pizazz.

Please pay no attention to how dirty my glue gun is. It gets a lot of use.
Almost finished! Did I mention how easy this project is?


Last step. Using my pin and the holes in the plastic canvas as a guide, I pierced holes in the fabric for the earring posts.


See the little holes?


Fill them up with earrings.


And that's it! A super cute and ridiculously easy hanging earring display.


No comments:

Post a Comment