Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Clothespin Notes


Today is Miss Bloom's 1st day of 1st grade. Can you feel the excitement?


She asked me if I would leave her a special note in her lunch today. Of course, I said yes. Last year I made her a clothespin note one day and it was a huge hit. So I thought this would be a good time to do it again.



I already had a bunch of painted clothespins left over from Little Boy Blue's Carnival Party.


I painted a little design on the side of one of them.

I accidentally smudged it a little. Sigh. Nobody's perfect.

While I waited for that to dry, I made the note for when she opens the clothespin. It only needs to be about 1" square.


I folded over the edges where it will be glued on.


Then I folded it in the middle like this.


And gave it another little fold like that. 
Now the paper will close up like an accordion behind the clothespin.


Then I wrote a little message for my girl.


I glued just the folded ends to the back of the clothespin.


Here it is from a different angle.


It works!


Nifty!



A special lunch note for my big 1st grader.


Seriously, look at how much smaller and younger she looked when she started kindergarten last year.


Happy 1st day of 1st grade, Miss Bloom! This is going to be a great day and a great school year!


No comments:

Post a Comment