Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Checkerboard Skirt



I am so excited to share these new skirts with you. I've been mulling over this idea for awhile. I tried to make them a few weeks ago and the dimensions were off. But now I think we've got a winner!

Remember the Honeycomb dress that I made for Miss Belle?






I adore that dress and thought it would be fun to offer a version of the skirt portion in the Bloom & Belle shop. Unfortunately, that skirt was made of 100 little squares and I'm not sure I can patch together that many squares over and over.

So I tweaked the square sizes and made a few skirts of 30 squares each. That's a little more manageable and, in my opinion, still pretty fabulous.













The checkerboard skirt is now available in the Bloom & Belle shop in grey and yellow.


Yep, that's the same delicate grey floral print from the Honeycomb dress. It is so pretty and really pairs well with the yellow geometric pattern.








 That Asian-inspired floral navy print looks lovely with the gold-flecked batik.

Stay tuned for more color combos!




Do you think I should make them for adults too!?!?





No comments:

Post a Comment