Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Candyland Dress

Last week was Miss Belle's 4th birthday. This girl loves board games and candy, so I was not surprised when she declared that she wanted to have a Candyland Party for her birthday. And that meant that she needed a Candyland dress.
















We headed to the fabric store in search of the perfect fabric. We love trips to the fabric store!


We chose this sweet pink Confections Cupcakes print by Robert Kaufman and a sparkle teal chiffon. And we got some teal tulle to give our dress a little extra poof.


I think we're both pretty pleased with the results!


I made the bodice from an old pattern I drew based off of one of the girls' shirts. I used French seams on the sides and made bias tape from the chiffon to finish off the neckline.


The back closes up with four pale pink flower buttons.


I also used our chiffon to make flutter sleeves and a sash for the waist.



For the skirt, I made a gathered circle skirt from the cupcake print with two tulle circle skirts underneath. It created a gorgeous twirl!


Miss Belle might look delicate, but she isn't afraid to investigate the lily ponds.



I mean, really investigate.


What a fun dress!



Happy birthday to my beautiful 4 year old!



No comments:

Post a Comment