Thursday, July 10, 2014

Cheetah print horses! Happy 7th birthday Miss Bloom!


It's almost impossible to believe that Miss Bloom turned 7 today. Seven! Where did the years go? Luckily, this kid hasn't lost any of her affectionate sweetness. She still has that happy-go-lucky, easy going nature that she inherited from her daddy. My little sunshine! We're trying to take birthdays down a notch this year. All three kids' birthdays (as well as Mother's Day, Father's Day, our anniversary, 4th of July and a few other extended family members' birthdays) are within a two month span. And I just can't keep up with it all.

Instead of a big party we decided to have Miss Bloom's best friend spend the night and take the two of them horseback riding. She was totally on board with the idea! Riding horses isn't very dress-friendly so I thought that I could make her a fun tshirt celebrating two of her biggest loves: horses and cheetah print!


I made a simple periwinkle knit tshirt. 


I finished the hem, sleeves and collar with a pink lettuce leaf.



For the front of the shirt I created a cheetah print horse applique. Stay tuned for a tutorial explaining how you can make your own!



 I love that galloping horse!


When we go riding this weekend Miss Bloom will wear her shirt with jeans. Today she paired it with a twirly cheetah skirt that I made her a few months ago.


We are so lucky to have this smart, sweet, silly, beautiful girl in our lives. Seven! Wow!


No comments:

Post a Comment