Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day



Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful (inside and out) mother.

My favorite type of gift to give is something handmade. I don't always have time, but if I can swing it, I much prefer to make something personal. Especially for my mom for Mother's Day. But the question was, what should I make this time? I'm running out of ideas. Seriously.


A few years ago I made this family tree for my parents for Chanukah.

My mom loves it but she has mentioned several times that it is missing my younger nephew and Little Boy Blue. Rather than trying to squeeze more people in every time someone gets married or has a baby, I thought I would make a companion piece of art.

I took an old frame that was chipping and sanded it down. And added a little antique gold paint for fun.






And painted a little bird art with watercolors and paint pens.




I love how it turned out!





Hopefully my mom will too. ❤









No comments:

Post a Comment